Sunday, August 18, 2019

Holding Hands...Meh! Not A Big Deal





A few months ago my husband and I were walking home and I noticed the couple in front of us holding hands.  That's when I realized my husband and I were not.  I made a comment to him about it in jest, but it got me thinking about all the mornings we walked to the Metro together or the rare times we went out and we didn't hold hands. 

Surprisingly this doesn't bother me.  We don't purposefully say that we aren't going to hold hands.  We just start walking and talking and it doesn't cross our minds to reach out for one another.

When I was dating or in relationships it was pretty much a deal breaker if a man didn't want to hold hands or show public affection.  I think those types of gestures were so important to me because it outwardly showed that someone wanted to be with me.  That I was part of a "couple".  

Before my husband and I were married and in our courting phase we would hold hands everywhere, but now I don't feel so compelled to do this. 

There's just something about getting married and having a baby together that makes me go hmmm...not holding hands is okay.  

At the end of the day I still know he's mine and he knows I'm his.  I don't need to show the world that we are together by holding hands.  We have rings on our fingers.  I don't have to prove that I to am loved now. I simply just enjoy being loved.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment