Sunday, December 31, 2017

Looking Back. Facing Forward.



I cannot let 2017 end without writing about how much God changed my life this year.  I went through ups, downs, self doubt and self re-evaluation.  This year I found myself often questioning everything that I ever thought I wanted.  I even had to be brave and journey into the unknown.

The unknown that I speak of is marriage.  On September 29th I got married in Las Vegas, Nevada.  The idea to get married was such a hasty decision considering that my husband and I had only known each other a few months, but I do not regret my decision to exchange vows with him. 

For years I have always wanted to get married I have written about it constantly and when I wasn't writing about it I was thinking about it, but it never occurred to me that it would happen as quickly as it did.  We didn't really have an "engagement" period just an understanding that we would get married.  I always thought I would have a little time to transition into the idea of becoming a wife, but sometimes what we have planned just doesn't pan out.

In 2017, I can truly say that I have come a long way in my personal growth and relationship (that's another blog post).  I think about the goals that I wrote for myself at the beginning of the year.  Only a couple were accomplished while others just plain fell to the wayside and some will rollover into 2018.

Facing forward I am going to step into the new year with three expectations and main goals in mind which are to continue to work on my relationship with Jesus Christ which will in turn  allow me to be a great wife and mother (yeah, I'm expecting).  There are some other goals that I hope to achieve in the new year, but those three are of the utmost importance to me.

Seeing how unpredictable 2017 was I am waiting on what lies ahead in 2018.  I am nervous, excited, hesitate, but whether I am ready or not forward is the direction.

See you in 2018.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)


No comments:

Post a Comment