Monday, October 2, 2017

Relighting The Fire



Being a writer was something that I proudly would proclaim to anyone that would ask, but a few months ago it started to become something I barely could say in a moderate tone.  Or if by chance someone else mentioned that I write I was more inclined to shy away from the association rather than lift my face with a beaming smile.  

Over the past few months my life has been moving so fast.  I had expectations and goals for 2017, but I had no idea things would come to me the way that they have.  This is good and bad.  At one point through those months I started to feel down and seriously considered giving up on every dream I ever had and settle into a normal, mediocre life where without thinking I move along clocking in to work at 8:00 am and clocking out at 4:30 pm.  I was ready to stop fighting against the raging current of the normalcy of society and no longer be different and just fall in line like everyone else.

It was while I was in this doom and gloom and angry state that I realized how intertwined my life and my writing are.  I wanted to give up in my life so therefore writing fell to the wayside.  Weeks passed and eventually months passed and I couldn't bring myself to write anything and in all honesty sometimes I couldn't even bring myself to look at my blog.  Looking at it was a reminder of when I was full of hope and at that time in my life I didn't want to be reminded of that.

God blessed me with a wonderful man who is so well read and intelligent who told me that sometimes the fire for a dream goes out and we must be the one to light that fire again.  Or something like that.  Either way without him knowing that really resonated with me.  So, here I am writing again and hopefully with everyday that passes I can reclaim my pride for writing and that my fire returns with not just a small spark, but with a blaze that the world will see.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment