Saturday, June 15, 2013

Back At It!

Photo Credit The Refined Photo – www.therefinedphoto.com

When I first started this blog I was in search of love and now I have love.  Love came in the form of my best friend that I met in college.  We have been together for two years now and here is the somewhat shocking part for the past two years this has been a long distance relationship.  He lives in New York and I live in DC.  I feel blessed that we are only four hours apart.  Over the past two years we have attempted to see each other at least once a month. 
With so much going on in our lives we have been trying to make that happen, but due to finances, work schedules and prior commitments it is difficult. 

Communication is key.  My boyfriend and I communicate everyday either via text message (Kik) or talking on the phone.  Even if we only talk on the phone for five minutes it does not matter we have still communicated.  Sometimes we are on the phone and we are not saying anything to one another.  I am often scared when this happens because I start to think that we have run out of things to talk about, but when we see each other or have our occasional early morning talks I see that we have plenty to talk about.

When we see each other the time we spend together is so amazing.  I can only describe it as we are in our own world, but when it is time for our departure from one another it can be the worst feeling in the world.  Several days after seeing him and sometimes just randomly I just long for him.  I want to be near him all the time and I know one day I will be, but sometimes being patient is hard to do. 

There was a time when I did not think he would be my boyfriend and before we got together I told him that a few times.  This goes to show that in your search for love you should never rule out anyone.  The love of your life, your soul mate could be right under your nose.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment