We have all seen the commercials of the happy couples all cozy on a couch talking about how they met their "soul mate" or "the love of their life" on blahblahlove.com. I cannot say whether dating websites are a sham or not because I actually know someone that used Match.com and later this year she will marry the man she met online.
Saturday, January 31, 2015
Friday, January 23, 2015
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
I have a little nephew and three little nieces that will one day grow up and will start to have crushes, go on dates, have relationships, fall in love and unfortunately have break ups. These are the things that I will tell them about relationships when they get older:
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:4
- Relationships are: great with great people, mediocre with mediocre people and bad with bad people, so choose wisely.
- Everyone makes mistakes, but don't be a fool.
- Second chances are sometimes necessary.
- Always forgive, but you don't have to forget.
- Don't obsess over people because there are plenty of fish in the sea.
- You cannot always follow your heart so use your brain.
- You will know when to call it quits.
- Break ups are a part of life.
- People cheat.
- At times it will seem that love has failed, but fight on.
- Love is wonderful.
- Never give up on love.
Thanks for reading!
Friday, January 2, 2015
The day after Christmas I went to New York to see my ex-boyfriend. So, for those of you that may be new to my blog I will give a brief synopsis of my last relationship. My last relationship was long distance he lived in New York and I lived in DC. We were best friends for five years before we decided to become a couple. For three years we would visit each other quite frequently and now we are broken up. We broke up July 2014 and we hadn't seen each other since. We remained good friends though.