Sunday, June 14, 2015

Unofficial Online Date


A man sent me a message on Match.com Friday evening and as I reviewed his profile I found him to be attractive.  His picture didn't immediately jog my memory, but after sending three or four messages to each other he finally stated his name and that's when it hit me that I had met this man before.

Approximately eight months ago I was out on a Friday night with one of my friends at a Downtown D.C. upscale spot named The Park at Fourteenth or simply The Park for short.  I was standing at the bar ordering a drink when a gentleman struck up a conversation with me.  We exchanged numbers and a day or so later we exchanged text messages.  He told me that he was traveling to Brazil and he would hit me up when he got back, but I never heard from him again until he sent me a message on Match not knowing that him and I had encountered each other before.

Saturday afternoon we decided to meet up at 3:00 pm at the Starbucks by Howard University.  I arrived ten minutes early not because I'm punctual, but because I have a tendency of being late.  He was about ten minutes late, but no big deal.  The afternoon was filled with delightful conversation, jokes and laughter.  We spoke about our lives, jobs, ambitions and shared commonalities.

We also discussed our differences.  For one, he told me that he is not looking to get married any time soon.  Although I am looking to get married I had to respect him for his honesty because truthfulness is such an undervalued and underused quality in today's society. 

Overall, I would say that my unofficial online date was a success.  I may not have met my "match" but I may have met a cool new friend.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment