Sunday, November 27, 2016

Writing and Love


Over a few weeks I started to ponder as to whether I should continue with writing and stop being patient with love altogether.  I know that I have written in past post to be patient and wait for love and I still agree with that idea, but I am human and at times my emotions can get the best of me.  I become discouraged and impatient.  I start to feel like things are not working in my favor in a swift enough pace or on the occasion that I do meet someone I begin to think that I have found what I've been waiting for but when that prospect becomes dim it is enough to make a person want to abandon ship.

Most evenings when I would get home from work, after changing my clothes and freshening up, one of the first things I would do is turn my computer on.  Even if I did not physically write anything in particular writing was always at the forefront of my mind.  Within the past few weeks it got to the point where after a week I noticed that I hadn't turned my computer on at all.  I was hardly doing any writing and if you are a frequent visitor to this blog you may have noticed that I haven't posted any new content for almost a month.  After a couple weeks I started to feel like maybe writing or being a writer was no longer an option for me.  I started to think that maybe writing was just something that I was good at for a moment, but not realistically in my professional future. 

As far as love and relationships, I received the "let's just be friends" text and that contributed to my crestfallen mood.  During this time I just did not have the motivation to write and I was not going to force my feelings or my writing.  Looking back on those past weeks I wish I could have stayed motivated and it was silly for me to feel so dejected in the first place.

I knew I didn't want to give up on neither love or writing because the prospect of one day having love stayed on my mind.  In that regard, a new man has entered my life and is actively showing an interest in me.  We have not been dating, but we have been hanging out and we communicate with each other almost daily. 

When I did eventually start trying to write again it would seem that all the words and concepts were absent from my mind.  Wanting to write, but only having a blank screen was frustrating.  In feeling that emotion I knew that writing was something I still cared about and want to pursue because otherwise why get upset about something that doesn't matter.

Everything is a blessing and perhaps this is just my testimony for someone else.  Yes, I felt sad and dispirited, but I didn't allow myself to remain in that condition.  Just because the edge of a cliff is placed before us, does not mean that we must jump.  Any and everything can be turned around for the positive.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment