Monday, August 22, 2016

John 3:16



Sometimes in the morning I text Bible verses to my friends, but a few years ago I would have been very hesitant to do something like that.  Not because I was not a believer, but because I didn't feel that I was the best example of someone that should be a follower of Jesus Christ.  I have always been a believer, but just not as bold for Christ.  I am stepping out and being bold for Christ now because He was bold for me and all of us, dying on the cross for our sins.

In recent years, my faith in Jesus Christ has grown and now my eyes are constantly being opened.  I am becoming more and more compelled to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Even writing about Christ on this blog is bold because if you read previous blog post from years ago Christ is barely mentioned because I was not strong in my faith.

Being a better follower of Christ doesn't mean that I am now perfect or no longer commit sins.  Nor am I simply waiting for time to dwindle down here on Earth until the day I am called to Heaven.  I am constantly asking God for forgiveness of my sins.  One of my favorite scriptures is 1 Timothy 1:15 which says, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief." 

Regardless of what you may have been told God can forgive any and all sins and if you have never truly accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior I encourage and urge you to do so right now.

Yes, life is short, but where will you spend eternity?

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment