Sunday, October 5, 2014

Yes, I'm Still Obsessed!



I am obsessed with the idea of getting married.  This is a borderline addiction.  I guess, it didn't help my obsession any when the first two weeks in September I attended two weddings back to back.  Although I am always happy to see two people be united in holy matrimony, I can't help but ask myself, why not me? 

I have wanted to get married for a long time.  I thought I was on the right track until July 31st of this year it all got derailed.  My boyfriend of three years and I broke up.  Now I have to start all over again.  Single yet again.

People tell me not to rush to get married, but that type of advice usually comes from people that are: A. Already married B. Never plan on getting married or C. In the same boat as me.  All I want is a husband and in my mind it seems so easy.  Someone to come home to, argue loud with in public and argue even louder with in private.  I want someone that we can go to family and friend functions together and we enjoy one another's company with no hidden agendas involved.

I contemplate all of the things that I want in a husband or a marriage and I do feel torn.  Should I ferociously pursue getting a husband or should I just have fun and enjoy the ride of life?

People say it is not yet my time and I may be inclined to think that they may be right.  Doesn't mean I have to be happy with that though.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment