Monday, June 20, 2016

To Change A Mockingbird


Recently, I have been implementing changes in my life.  Before the end of 2015, I made a declaration to myself that I would make adjustments in my life, but occasionally I would slip up and have to start over again.

Now, months later with a better handle on things I realize that the reason I struggled in the beginning was because although I was attempting to change my habits, the one thing I neglected to change was my mindset.  I thought I could continue doing the same things and placing myself in the same situations all the while telling myself that I wanted to change, but not allowing for change to occur.  I could resist the impulses for a little while, but until I revised my thinking towards the change I wanted to make I would continue to fall short.

However, everything is a blessing, although at the time I didn't see my setbacks as such.  Through evaluating my missteps I realized that it was not enough to just say I wanted change, but truly transform my mind and make a serious commitment to change.  I have learned to identify the behaviors, environments and people that are a temptation for me and avoid them.

I hope that someone finds this post to be helpful, so that if they want to make a change they know to prepare their mind for the transition and hopefully avoid any pitfalls  They should narrow down the things that can cause setbacks and realize that change comes with the price of giving up something.  The sacrifice may not be drastic, but it could be something as simple as not being around certain people or in certain places or monitoring what they watch or listen to. 

Now, you may be asking, what is this change that I am speaking about?  Well, maybe one day I will reveal it to you.  So stay tuned.

Thank for reading!
(John 3:16)


No comments:

Post a Comment