Monday, June 6, 2016

Easy Come, Easy Go!

Photo Credit The Female Quixote Studio | www.TFQstudio.com

There was a gentlemen that use to work in the same building as me and almost daily we would see each other and exchange pleasantries.  He would attempt to strike up further conversation with me, but often I had tunnel vision and would give him a hello, smile and wave and carry on with my day.  I wasn't being rude just preoccupied with other thoughts.

This type of interaction between us went on for months and then the day came when the agency I worked for was moving to a new location and since he worked at a different agency he was not going to relocate with me.  The morning of the move he got on the elevator with me and engaged me in conversation.  I told him that I am a writer and he told me that he writes music.  I gave him my business card and told him to read my blog.

A few days go by and I had somewhat forgotten about giving him my card and I certainly did not expect for him to contact me, but to my surprise my phone buzzed one evening and I had an e-mail from him.  We exchanged a couple of e-mails that same evening and he gave me his number.  I was hesitant to text him so I decided to wait until the next morning.  Morning came and I simply texted him "Good morning! This is Rachel" and from there we proceeded to text each other practically the whole day.

The next day (Friday) we texted each other all day as well and that night we talked on the phone until about 4:00 in the morning, discussing topics ranging from the way we grew up to the natural hair of black women.  Talking on the phone like that is something I hadn't done in an extremely long time and it felt good. 

Saturday we met up to go walking.  We walked and talked and enjoyed each others company as the sun began to set.  We discovered more things that we had in common that we thought was only exclusive to our own personal palates.

Although, through our brief interactions of getting to know one another I wasn't thinking he was "the one" but I was thinking that he would be a good person to have in my life and that only God knows the future.

We met up again on Memorial Day and everything was going well until he was driving me home and he asked to hold my hand.  Wanting to take advantage of every opportunity because I didn't know why this man who for months was a mere hi and bye to me was now someone I was hanging out with and calling. 

So, I obliged and allowed him to hold my hand.  The next day, however, began a series of text messages that would mark the beginning of the end.  The texts were leaning towards romance and not wanting any confusion I told him how I was feeling and that we are friends.  Later that evening we met up for another walk around Downtown D.C. and everything from earlier in the day was all cleared up and we both were moving on with life.

However, near the latter part of the evening before I went home we had a disagreement about something and I believe we both had a feeling that we might not be right for one another in any capacity.

I still consider us to be friends, but we don't communicate as much as we did in the short time we were getting to know one another because we have different viewpoints that clash.

Well, easy come, easy go. That's life.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment