Monday, April 11, 2016

Last Post As 30

Selfie by me

I am turning another year older on April 16th and unlike most people I am not dreading getting older.  I will be turning 31-years-old.  Although, I do not have everything that I desire or feel I should have by now, like a husband and booming writing career, but I am still blessed to have made it this far in life.

If someone would've asked me when I was 21, what I thought my life would be like when I was about to turn 31, my first response probably would have been either I'm married or engaged and then followed by -- have a job.  Well, I have the job part, but marriage and relationships seem to be something very elusive in my life after the ending of my last relationship.

As I think about it I know a lot of women who are older than me that are currently not in relationships and have never been married.  I have decided that when I turn 31, I will no longer look for relationships and I am considering giving up the idea of dating.  I am just going to continue to pray, go through life and know that love will find me when it finds me.

As I spend my last days as a 30-year-old, I think about turning 31 with a spark of excitement.  My mind blossoms with all of the possibilities that this new age will bring for me.  Whether victories, defeats or challenges I must forge ahead.

I felt very compelled to write this post, but I think it was more so for myself than for others, but as usual I hope that someone reading this can apply it to their own life. 

As always, THANK YOU to everyone across the globe that reads my blog, comments, likes, retweets and encourages me.  You all have no idea how much it means to me to know that people actually read what I write.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment