Sunday, September 6, 2015

Door Hinge and Heartbreak


One time when I was a child, one of my older brothers and I were playing with the bathroom door.  Just like a child I was being careless and the ring finger on my left hand got to close to the hinged side of the door and...BAM!  My finger got closed in the door.  To this day I still remember how the pain felt.  The door slamming on my finger did hurt, but it was the surprise of this unforeseen injury that made an impact on me.

Heartbreak is the same way sometimes it can come from out of nowhere.  An unexpected glitch and stumbling block on the road to love.  We often think of heartbreak as a person who is coming out of a relationship, but heartbreak comes in all forms.  It can be the one who got away or the person that you were too shy to express your interest in and that person has found someone or the person that is simply not interested in you, but you long to build something with them and the list can go on.

Heartbreak is one of those unfortunate parts of life that can happen to all who dare put their hearts on the line for love.  It hurts and it makes a person want to give up, but I choose to look at things in a more positive way.  It may be fantasy to some , but I choose to believe that with every person that comes my way I'm getting closer to the one I am supposed to be with.

Oh! For those of you that are wondering, I am not like Frodo Baggins from The Lord of The Rings I have all ten of my fingers, but the nail on the ring finger of my left hand has a permanent curve, but no big deal.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment