Monday, March 15, 2010

Are you a Carrie?


One of my favorite television shows is Sex And The City. Now I couldn't watch it when it originally aired because I didn't have HBO, but now I buy the seasons on DVD and watch the re-runs on TBS. I can honestly say I've seen every episode at least 4 times. I saw the first movie and can't wait for the second installment to hit theaters this summer. Its the ultimate show of a journey to love and great fashion, too.

Whenever I watch the show I always wonder what character am I. Am I a Carrie, a woman who is level headed, but always seems to get sidetracked by Mr. Big. Or am I a Samantha, a woman that is extremely promiscuous and has the attitude of a man when it comes to sexual matters. Or am I a Miranda, a woman that has been hurt by men and pushes away and mistreats the only man that she truly loves, but is crippled by fear to commit. Then there's Charlotte the hopeful romantic who converted religions just to be with the man she loved.

Now I don't mind being a Carrie or even a Samantha, but I do not want to be a Charlotte or a Miranda, but sadly I think all women are a Miranda and a Charlotte. It's just this little part of us that has been hurt in the past and causes us to push away someone that may be good for us, a Miranda. There is also this part of us that is hopeful that our prince charming is right around the corner regardless of the bad relationships of our past, a Charlotte.

Now some of us women are self proclaimed Carrie's and Samantha's. It's this one man in your past that you still think about and although you've moved on to new relationships you know that if he stepped back in your life tomorrow you would be with him, a Carrie. I must admit it's not socially acceptable to label yourself a Samantha because you may get the "she's a hoe look". I've never viewed the character Samantha like that. In my eyes she was a woman that just wanted to have fun. Ladies, don't we just want to have fun sometimes?

I think all women embodies a little something from each character. Some traits may be more dominant than others. I don't want anyone to be upset about what I said about any of the characters. This is my opinion and my view of them.

As for which character I am. I'm not telling just yet.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment