Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Retraction


Last Sunday, I wrote a post titled "Silent Goes The Text" in which I stated that I recently met a man and we were hanging out and even went on a date.  Then all of a sudden he up and stopped communicating with me. 

That Sunday night as I prepared to go to sleep the gentleman, that I wrote about [in the blog post], sent me a text message.  I coldly replied that he should read my latest blog post and I didn't hear from him again until a couple days later.  I received a phone call from him one evening and at first I was hesitant to answer, but I did.  We exchanged a hello and hey and by the cheerless tone of his voice I could tell that he had read my blog and he had.  There was a brief awkward silence, then he began to tell me what prevented him from contacting me.  With each word he spoke I immediately felt regret about what I had written for the world to see.

I made him out to be the villain and lumped him into the same category as every other man that has wronged me.  Instead of being a level headed person showing concern for not hearing from him I went to the extreme thinking that he purposely ignored me.  I didn't even give him a chance.

And for that I AM SORRY.

The more I think about this situation it is more telling of me and my mindset.  This was a slight complication and I automatically started trying to purge the man from my life, while also harboring within the very dangerous notion that all men are the same

I have had my issues with men that attributed to my wrong assumption and the fact that I have only known him a short while, so trust is not fully developed.  Nonetheless, I had a misguided notion and I was wrong to send it blaring across the waves of the Internet. 

There will be plenty of times throughout the course of my life where I will feel sad or disappointed so while I can, I am going to feel happy.  I am going to like him and allow him to like me romantically in return for however long it last.

If you are wondering the guy and I have resumed communicating daily and of course, I will keep you posted on any future developments.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment