Sunday, October 16, 2016

Silent Goes The Text


I recently met a man who is a friend of a friend.  The mutual friend is a woman that I went to college with and a few weeks ago she texted me asking if she could give my number to her friend that lives in Maryland.  The guy she wanted to give my number to, I met a few months ago when we were all hanging out one night in D.C.  Not giving it too much thought I told her that she could give him my number because I didn't really expect anything more than just a cordial text and maybe the occasional suggestion to meet up that most likely wouldn't occur.  Come to find out I got more than that.

The guy and I started texting each other daily, almost all day and there were the brief phone calls in which he would indicate that he just wanted to hear my laugh and I'm not going to lie I wanted to hear his voice as well.  He is from London, so he has a British accent which is different for me.  He is smart and equally as handsome and has a sweet personality.  We eventually hung out a few times and even went on a date.  I have my trust issues when it comes to men, but I believe that the protective barriers would eventually come down if him and I continued to interact.

Well, no matter how long something last it must all come to an end.  A few days ago the guy told me that he would be going to Brazil.  It all sort of came out of the blue, but I figured he was busy and it slipped his mind.  Not knowing why he was going to Brazil I simply texted him "have fun" and I haven't heard from him since.  I realize that him and I have only been communicating for weeks and if he had not been expressing that he likes me and about dating me or sometimes in the middle of the day sending kiss emojis saying that he misses me or thinking about me then I would not have given his lack of communication a second thought.  It just perplexes me that he would say those things to me and when we were in each other's company treat me so sweetly, but now is going days without saying a word to me.

The past couple of days I have gone through a few emotions, first anger, then I was feeling down and now I am at peace.  I'm not worried because I believe that a blessing is going to come from all of this and in the meantime I am going to continue to stay prayerful because I know that God has everything covered.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment