Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Internal Struggle


I think I have made it pretty clear through this blog that I believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ.  Part of being a believer is trusting and relying fully on God to work things out in all aspects of life.  It is knowing that everything will be all right even if things do not appear as such.  Everything is a blessing or at least that's the way I see it.

However, here is the dilemma when it comes to my love life.  I have had an internal struggle as to whether I should trust God to send me a man or pick one for myself.  The reason for this mental tug of war is because I fear that God would send me someone that does not fit my criteria of attractiveness, personal appearance, education, manners or worse there will be no man for me at all thus no marriage.

Recently, I have decided to cast those fears aside and trust in the Lord.  I am going to let God be the director in the production of my life, even if it means that I am never in a romantic relationship ever again. 

Please do not mistake this post as my swan song or that I am losing hope and giving up on love because I am not.  Also, do not think that because I have made the declaration to trust in God that all of a sudden my love life will start to flourish because that may not happen.  I am simply choosing God, in which my hope hangs on. 

I have made my own choices with past relationships and I want to use a different method this time around.  I've been told that it is the definition of insanity to keep doing something the same way and expecting a different result.  I want to yield a different result.  Plus God knows what is best for me and I only think I know.

As I continue down this road for love, as always, I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment