Sunday, February 14, 2016

All In The Mind


Occasionally, when I do meet a man and we start to communicate on a regular basis in a romantic way I get so excited that he could be "the one".  In my mind I fast forward pass first dates, phone calls, texts and all the other little things that make a relationship and I start contemplating about hand holding and how him and I will regale family and friends with our how we met story.

Yeah, its that bad.

Although, I am moving the "relationship" further along in my head I do not allow it to become a false reality.  A false reality can have a person thinking that someone is into them and that's not the case.  Sometimes in the pursuit of love and relationships a person can get delusional and make more out of a situation then what is fact.

As human beings we need relationships and we seek them, but  sometimes we want the fantasy of being with a certain person, but it is just not reality.  We hope that the person we are dating at the moment is "the one" so the relief of leaving our single days behind slowly starts to seep out of our system. 

Then nope, it all goes awry and it registers in our brain that this is not the person meant to be in our future.  That this will not be the person that we will sit on the front porch with, in rocking chairs with gray hair watching the sun go down.  Sometimes people tend to hold on to a fading relationship longer than they should because they want it to work.

Having a fantasy in your head is fine, but just make sure it doesn't encroach on what's really going on around you.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment