Sunday, January 24, 2016

I Wanted To Deny It

Photo Credit The Refined Photo – www.therefinedphoto.com


Despite what people may think when a relationship ends things can remain cordial between two people.  At least that has always been my perspective.  Especially when those two people have a history together like my last boyfriend and myself.   

My ex-boyfriend and I rarely talk to one another anymore because I have my life and he has his.  He even has a girlfriend.  This past Christmas him and I were texting each other somewhat catching up on each others lives and the question came up as to whether I was still single.

I hesitated for a moment before I sent a reply and contemplated telling a lie.  I don't like to lie and I am rarely dishonest, but at that instant when confronted with the question of my relationship status I wanted to lie.  I wanted to send a cheerful text that would not only convey that I'm not single, but that I am in a happy relationship.  I told the truth though, that I am still single. 

Why did I want to lie?

Several reasons race through my mind as to why.  Maybe subconsciously I felt that somehow he was better than me because he is now in a relationship and moved on and I have yet to find a man.  Or perhaps, I saw my singleness as a weakness or conceivably I thought of this as a race and he had beaten me to the finish line.

I'm not sure and maybe I will never have an answer as to why I wanted to deny my singleness, but ultimately I'm glad I didn't because I don't like to lie and there is nothing wrong with being single.  Love will come when comes.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment