Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Blessing of Singleness

Photo Credit The Refined Photo

I admit it, I have been so obsessed with wanting to find love and a husband that I have not stopped to bask in the blessing of being single.  Yes, being single is a blessing.  Of course, to a person that may not want to be single it can seem more like a curse because a person is only focused on attaining the goal of finding love.

Here are 3 reasons why I think being single is a blessing:

1. Can Do What I Want
When in a relationship a person cannot necessarily do whatever they want.  A person can, but then I would have to question whether that person respects being in a relationship.  Relationships are about compromise and sacrifice and if people feel that they can do whatever they want then maybe they should not be in a relationship at all.  A single person doesn't have this issue because we are not bound by any loyalty to another person.  Single people only have to take into account their own feelings.

2. When I Want
In a relationship, a person has to consider someone else's schedule so they can't just decide that they are going to a happy hour or take an impromptu weekend trip somewhere, but single people can.  Us, single people, we are free to do what we want exactly when we want to do it.  We up and decide at the last minute to attend that happy hour after work or that weekend party or skip town for a few days.  We won't have to explain our actions to anyone and we just live in the moment.

3. With Whom I Want
I have run into this issue in the past while in a relationship as well as dating that I can't be around certain people because the person I was with didn't like it.  As a single person I can hang out with whomever I please and only I can make the determination that I don't like someone and make the decision not to put myself in that persons presence any longer. 

Now, I did not list these three points to try to convince single people to stay single, but just to show that while on your quest for love and a relationship don't think of your singleness as a curse, but stop, look around and cherish the little blessings of being single.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment