Sunday, November 8, 2015

Must Wash Hands!


Recently, I had to wash my hands of a situation with a person that I had feelings for.  The idiom to "wash your hands" means to end an association with someone or something.  I felt like I was holding on to a fantasy of a relationship that was neither progressing nor going to happen.  I inquired with this man about the potential of our relationship growth and all I wanted was a yes or no response.  He couldn't give me that simple answer so I packed up my emotions and feelings and made my exit. 

It would be nice that when a relationship ends whether romantic or otherwise that all parties involved have a sense of resolution.  Closure is more organized and does not leave a person holding on to the fantasy of a relationship that will never be.  When the other person is not willing to bring closure sometimes a person has to make their own closure.  That's what I did.

I like to use the term "wash your hands" of someone because think about it, if your hands are dirty everything that you come in contact with becomes contaminated with filth.  So, not only are you further contaminating yourself, but other things as well.  No one wants that, certainly not me so I wash my hands of situations that are not good for me.  Time waits for no one so why spend your time and worse your emotions in a situation that may cause you to continue to fester feelings that are no good, lack possibility and may cause you to affect others negatively. 

Wash your hands.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment