Sunday, October 18, 2015

I Admit To Envy

Photo Credit The Female Quixote Studio | www.TFQstudio.com

I will admit that sometimes the green-eyed monster makes an appearance when I go on my Facebook news feed and see the cute couple selfies or that yet another one of friends is engaged or has gotten married.  For those that are unfamiliar with the term "green-eyed monster" I am referring to the feeling of envy.  Envy is defined as the resentment caused by another person having something that one does not have, but desires for oneself.  So, in other words - wanting what someone else has.

I have made it no secret that I am looking for love and that special man to share my life and make a life with.  Envy often has a negative connotation and it can be a negative when a person allows the feeling to fester within themselves.  I do not allow such a thing to eat away at me and I turn that envy into happiness.  For me, envy is an extremely short lived moment in time and I am genuinely happy when I see those couples and that they have found someone in which they can have joy and peace with.

Just for clarification, please understand that every time I go on Facebook I am not pining away or yearning to be that seemingly happy couple that I see.  Yes, I want to be in a loving romantic relationship and yes, I am looking forward to the day when I can be the couple in those selfies, but I do not want to be exactly "that couple" that I am looking at on my phone app.  I stay away from phrases like I wish that was me because I don't know the relationship dynamics of the couples that I see.  Instead, I cling to phrases like it is not yet my time.  Seems more positive that way.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)


*definition courtesy of Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment