Sunday, August 23, 2015

Online Dating: The End


When I started my trek into online dating in February of this year I was expecting so much more than what I got.  I was expecting to go on a plethora of dates not because I'm so good looking, but because that is the way the commercials make it seem.  On the commercials online dating looks so easy and effortless, but who really trust commercials anymore.  I thought that by the  time my subscriptions ended I would have found "the one" but nope I am still single.

I subscribed for a month to ChristianMingle.com in which my interaction with other members was virtually non-existent.  I went on zero dates from this dating site.  I would receive daily match information via e-mail, but I was not always attracted to the matches that they sent.  The members that I were attracted to either never replied to my messages or barely ever logged into the site. 

My experience on Match.com, on the other hand, was much different.  I had a subscription for three months and I actually interacted with members.  I sent and received messages, got profile views, favorites and winks.  I even went on a few dates, three to be exact and started dating someone (see post, Tenth Date Kiss), but things just did not work out.  However, I do remain in contact with one of the people I met, but things are not romantic between us.

I am not disappointed nor do I regret trying online dating, but I would not do it again.  The blessing that came out of this experience is that it showed me that there are people that want to find love, relationships and not just play the field. 

I have completely washed my hands of ChristianMingle, Match and even Tinder.  I'm glad I tried online dating just so I could avoid the question in my mind of what if I could have found love online? 

To my readers, that are contemplating pursuing online dating keep in mind that just like everything else in life online dating will work for some and not for others.  I honestly think I prefer the old-fashioned way of meeting someone while I am going through the daily routine of life: on my way to work, on my way home, at the grocery store, at church, out shopping or any other randomness.

Love will find me one day, but just not online.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment