Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Sneak Date

Photo Credit The Refined Photo

I recently reconnected with a friend that I use to work with.  Before my current employment and the brief stint of unemployment that I endured I use to work at a gym in downtown D.C.  We were co-workers and that developed into a friendship.  Due to various reasons I quit working there in December of 2010.  I hadn't heard from or seen him in five years until this past week when out of the blue he sent me a message on Facebook and we agreed to meet up that night.

He currently works at the very gym where we first met and although the place has a new name and under new management it virtually looked the same.  I never thought I would walk through those doors ever again, but there I was.  After greeting one another with a hug he gave me a tour of the facility and I thought that we were going to just talk briefly about our lives and I would be on my way home, but we ended up grabbing dinner at a nearby restaurant that we use to frequent when we were co-workers.

Midway through our meal, drinks and laughter he makes it known to me that "this is a date."  Oh my gosh!  I am the unknowing participate of a sneak date According to Urbandictionary.com a sneak date is defined as a two person outing in which one party is unaware that the outing is a date until it is in progress

I thought this was cute considering who it was coming from and I took no great offense to it.  So, after dinner we took a walk a little further downtown near the Washington Monument and we continued talking and joking.  So much had changed for the two of us throughout the years and we both have so much further to go.  Will we ever be more than friends?  Yo no se (Spanish for, I don't know), but on the bright side at least I can say I'm dating.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment