Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Odd Thing I Miss About Being In A Relationship

Photo Credit The Female Quixote Studio | www.TFQstudio.com

A very good friend of mines named Fatima once asked me what I miss about being in a relationship.  Of course, I miss the person, the time we spent together and the memories, but after three years of being in a long distance relationship I was quite use to not seeing him when I wanted. The one thing I truly miss is having someone to think about.  That seems so odd, but when I was in a relationship and I was thinking about him there was an excellent chance that he was thinking about me as well.

I think it is odd to miss thinking about someone because it is my mind and I can literally think about whomever I choose.  Although I have an active imagination thinking about Garrett Temple, for example, doesn't bring me solace because we don't know each other and it doesn't have the same satisfaction as thinking of someone that I feel is thinking of me.

In my singleness I have found myself liking someone and even thinking about that person, but they may not be at all concerned about me.  Being single is like everything else it brings with it gifts and curses.  I do long to be in a relationship again, but I have never been the type of person to take just anything just to say I have it.  I don't want to be in a relationship with just anyone just so I can brag that I have a man.

Waiting is difficult, annoying, lonesome (at times) and frustrating, but my happiness and well-being is well worth any wait time.  All to often I have seen women and men jump into relationships just because they fear being alone.  To me, being in a relationship like that is like being in a car that has thirty minutes of gas, but you plan on driving for four hours without stopping at a gas station.  Failure waiting to happen.

In the mean time I will continue to be patient, prepare and wait.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

* I would like to take this time to THANK everyone that reads my blog and shares it with family, friends and followers.  I feel your support and I hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment