Sunday, May 3, 2015

Patient, Prepare and Wait

Photo Credit The Female Quixote Studio | www.TFQstudio.com

Not that I have any current prospects, but when the day comes I would like to venture into another relationship again that hopefully this time will lead down the aisle to marriage.  I will admit that I have a little trepidation about the thought of entering into another relationship.  I am fearful of investing time and it not work out the way I want.  I guess everyone feels that way to a certain extent.  Most people enter relationships with an expectation and mines is marriage.

Before my three year relationship ended my only other long term relationship was my first love when I was seventeen, in which it lasted a year and a half and every other "relationship" in between was only for a few months.  When I was younger I saw time differently than I do now.  Not that I'm very old, but at thirty I really don't want to invest three years with someone and it not work because I would dread having to start all over again.

So, maybe the fear isn't in the relationship itself, but the fear of having to start over.  Maybe I am over analyzing too much which I have a tendency to do.  Regardless of any apprehension that I may have when the opportunity comes along for love and I know that it feels right and I'm not settling because settling is a different type of fear in itself.  I will seize the day as they say.

At this point all I can do is be patient, prepare and wait for who God has for me.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment