Saturday, May 9, 2015

Love: Feeling Or Choice?

Photo Credit The Refined Photo – www.therefinedphoto.com

When I was younger I thought loving someone was based on feelings, but now that I am older I believe that love is a choice.  I don't think it's a choice like I think I will have Chipotle today for lunch, but more so a subconscious act. 

Feelings are like water on the seashore, the tide comes in and goes back out again.  Unstable and fleeting.  If we, as people, only loved each other based on our feelings their would be less love in this world than it is already.  There are some instances when a person may experience choosing to love someone who may not choose to reciprocate that love.  That sucks.

I don't want to rule out feelings at all because people definitely can make us feel special or happy, but loving someone should not be constructed on how someone makes you feel because one day someone can make you feel on top of the world and the next day make you feel like you are in the gutter.  Perhaps I am over exaggerating a bit, but I want you all to get the point that I am trying to make.

I really want to know what you, the reader thinks.  Is love a choice or a feeling?

E-mail me at: rayp202@gmail.com

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)




No comments:

Post a Comment