Saturday, April 4, 2015

A Quick Chat With Raekwon


On Tuesday, March 31st I attended the album release party for Raekwon, a legendary emcee and member of the rap group Wu-Tang Clan.  The event was held at a downtown D.C. bar and lounge named  Bar 7.  Raekwon whose real name is Corey Woods titled his new album Fly International Luxurious Art (F.I.L.A.).  

Days leading up to the event I contemplated what I would ask him and moments before his arrival I finally formulated the question in my mind.  Raekwon entered the quaint and cozy establishment located across the street from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and I bravely approached him and asked: How is your rap persona Raekwon different from your real life persona Corey Woods when it comes to love and relationships?

He stated to me that "it's [relationships] a lot of work and knowing that person..."  His advice was to "give the best you can give" and that the "relationship is first."  He went on to state that a "woman is your backbone" and ended with simply "I'm just Corey Woods." 

I would like to thank Raekwon for kindly taking a moment from his party to have a quick chat and take a picture with me.  I would also like to thank Bar 7 for granting me this opportunity (www.bar7dc.com - 1015 1/2 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001).

As always, thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment