Saturday, March 7, 2015

Dinner For One: The Follow Up

Photo Credit The Female Quixote Studio | www.TFQstudio.com

A reader, that shall remain anonymous expressed to me that in my last post titled "Dinner For One" that I came across as being perhaps smug in my Valentine's Day experience. I stated in the post that I "took myself out" and made reference to having "options" that could have taken me out.  My reasoning for dining solo was that I wanted to have a new experience and break away from the tedious repetition that Valentine's Day brings.

I wrote that "a less confident person would have felt awkward and out of place" and that statement really caught the attention of my anonymous commenter.  As a writer I am genuine with my words and it is my belief that someone that is not confident with themselves or comfortable with the idea of being single on the most romantic day of the year or any day of the year may feel awkward sitting alone among "happy" couples.

I want to clarify I do not or did not  mean to imply that being single is synonymous with having less confidence, but in my post I wanted to point out that in a situation like dining alone on Valentine's Day it could be uncomfortable and disconcerting for some.

In closing, I would like to add that I greatly appreciate everyone that reads my blog and I welcome  any comments that anyone may have.  So, please feel free to contact me at rayp202@gmail.com or follow me on Twitter at RayP202.

As always, thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment