Friday, January 2, 2015

No Awkward Moment


The day after Christmas I went to New York to see my ex-boyfriend. So, for those of you that may be new to my blog I will give a brief synopsis of my last relationship. My last relationship was long distance he lived in New York and I lived in DC. We were best friends for five years before we decided to become a couple. For three years we would visit each other quite frequently and now we are broken up. We broke up July 2014 and we hadn't seen each other since. We remained good friends though.

So, in December both of our schedules allowed us time so we decided to see each other. It was a little spur of the moment. I boarded a Greyhound bus and made the journey to NYC on 12/26 at 2 am. Once at the Port Authority I waited for the 2 train to take me to Harlem. I exit the subway and I see him, my ex. We greet each other with a hug.

From the time we hugged each other everything was normal. There was not a single awkward moment. We talked, laughed and joked as normal. It was refreshing because there were no awkward hurdles to try to avoid. We didn't miss a beat.

I guess you could say that we have an odd relationship with one another. Most people want to avoid seeing their former mates or keep communication to a minimum or none at all, but definitely not travel to go visit them.

My ex and I are best friends and I consider him to be my family.  People may not understand it, but in all honesty relationships are not really for those on the outside to understand.  It is solely between the two parties involved.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

1 comment:

  1. If 2 ppl break up while having good terms, they should be friends. A lot of ppl that break up because of bad reasons don't seem to get it lol

    ReplyDelete