Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Meet The Parents

Photo Credit The Female Quixote Studio | www.TFQstudio.com

It is natural that when two people are in a committed relationship that they both start to ponder about what the next steps will be.  Usually one of the first of many steps is meeting the parents.  Meeting the parents in a lot of ways can make or break a relationship.  If the parents meet the mate and don't like them it can put a strain on the relationship.  Or maybe the mate doesn't have the greatest relationship with their parents and it can cause the other half to question the future of them being a couple.  On the bright side a persons parents could meet their mate and love them which can cause an easier progression of the relationship.

I have been in a few relationships and I have met different types of parents.  I have met parents that I felt didn't like me, but tolerated me because I was with their son and I have met parents that have loved me.  I feel blessed that I have never met parents that hated me because that would instantly make me look at my boyfriend differently. 

Now I don't want any of my readers to get the wrong idea.  Just because you meet your boyfriends or girlfriends parents and everything doesn't go smoothly that doesn't mean you break up because there may be various factors involved.  Parents are people too.

Tell me your meet the parents experience at rayp202@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment