Saturday, May 3, 2014

Interfaith Relationships: My Opinion On The Subject


An interfaith relationship is defined as two partners that have different religious beliefs.  I did some research today on the subject and I must admit the Internet was very optimistic that an interfaith relationship could work and suggested ways in which two people with separate religious beliefs could find ways to cohabitate.

Want to know my opinion?...Good.  I cannot speak for every interfaith relationship that is on God's green Earth, but speaking as a member of the Christian faith the only way I see an interfaith relationship working is if the two parties never talk about their faith or involve each other in their religious activities.  In the Christian faith The Bible states that when choosing a mate both partners must be "evenly yoked".  Being evenly yoked means that two people share the same values, morals and beliefs.

Secondly, I feel that a person is always going to grow in their faith in some way, shape or form and as a person grows in their faith your partner may become more distant and religion might cause a rift.  Communication is key to a successful relationship and to be able to share every aspect of life except your religious belief seems like it would be difficult to me.

Now before you stomp away from this blog like Daffy Duck who has just been given a ticking bomb that has gone boom please remember that there are exceptions to the rules.  I am absolutely positive that there are several couples in this world that are making their interfaith relationships work and are perfectly happy.

This is only my opinion folks.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment