Sunday, March 23, 2014

Romantic Movie Delusion


Romantic movies can sometimes leave a person with a false sense of how relationships should actually work.  Yes everyone deserves their happily ever after, but that does not mean that there will never be problems in the relationship.  We are human beings and although two people are compatible that does not always mean that two people are going to share the same belief or opinion.  I am a firm believer that if a person says that they never argue with their significant other then either that person is lying or someone in the relationship is going along without voicing opposition.

I started out using romantic movies as the basis of this post because in a movie the characters that are romantically involved always say the right things, do romantic gestures and the timing is always perfect.  In real life some people don't know the right things to say, are not romantic and timing is not their friend.  As a relationship rule you have to meet a person where they are and sometimes as the relationship evolves romance can be adapted to a certain extent.

For example: My boyfriend is not an overly romantic guy, but one time about a year or so ago I was going to see him in New York and before I got there I kept telling him that I wanted pizza.  Even after I arrived I kept saying I wanted pizza.  I only stayed in New York for about two days so on the last day I was getting dressed and without me knowing my boyfriend left.  I thought he ran to the store, but a couple minutes passed and when he came back he had a pizza just for me. 

To many people that doesn't seem romantic, but to me it was thoughtful because it showed that he was listening to me and wanted to do something nice for me.

There are no perfect boyfriends, girlfriends, wives or husbands so don't let the movies fool you.  Movies are great for entertainment, but relationship advice not so much.  Now you may be one blessed reader and your romantic life is just like a movie.  All I can say to that is hold on to that person tight because if you let them go one of my single readers will snatch them up. 

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment