Thursday, January 20, 2011

Obsessed


I haven't blogged in a while, but it is not because my journey for love has come to an end. This is really just the beginning. This is the beginning because I am now finding myself. I'm finding out what it is I want and what my goals are.

I once heard in a song lyric and I paraphrase, "become the person you what to find." I don't remember the song title or artist. That means if you want a person that has certain attributes or characteristics then you, yourself display those same attributes and characteristics. You can't be a $2.00 soda looking for a $1,000 bottle of champagne.

I titled this entry "Obsessed" because that's how I use to feel about love. I use to be obsessed with it. All I use to talk about is wanting a boyfriend and getting married. I wanted a man that was a certain way, I, myself didn't display any of the attributes that I wanted in a man. I started to take a step back and re-evaluate my life and the things I put as a priority that shouldn't have been one. I started to see that personality wise I wasn't all ready for a boyfriend.

I have a good personality, educated, smart, funny and attractive but I started to ask myself when I took this step back, what is it that I have to offer a man and what do I bring to the table? I have a lot to bring to the table, but I want more and not more just so I can eventually land a man, but so that I can be successful in my own life.

I'm no longer obsessed with wanting a boyfriend or husband. It is something I think about, of course, but it doesn't consume me.
Patience is key.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

1 comment:

  1. you gotta to be willing to be a good person in a relationship. You must want to make the other person happy even if they get on your nerves sometimes. You can't get comfortable always show ur partner u care. Even if they are having a bad moment.If both people do that, you are SOULMATES

    ReplyDelete