Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ex-boyfriends Are Like....

Photo Credit The Refined Photo

Last night on my way home from a night on the town with my best friend I ran into an ex-boyfriend of mines. I saw him once briefly the end of the summer last year, but hadn't seen him since or had contact with him since then so last night was a surprise. Him and I quickly caught up on some things like family and such. Me and him were together back in like 2006 and it was kind of a good relationship and would've been a great one if me and him weren't so different from each other.

To me a lot of times ex-boyfriends are like an ugly outfit that you once wore. At the time it seems like a good idea and you think its cute, but as you look back at it now you see how ugly it was and you think to yourself, why did I ever wear that?
That may seem like a harsh comparison, but it's true. Often times when we're in relationships at the time it seems like a good idea, but when it's over and some time has gone by you look back at it and go, why was I ever with him?

I guess that's why time and wisdom go together.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

2 comments:

  1. Good comparison, however at the time that's what you wanted... There was no "right or wrong", "bad or good". When you're living in the moment, you're moved by the here and now.

    ReplyDelete