Friday, February 12, 2010

Movie Lover


For most people a certain song played on the radio or shuffled in their iPod brings back the memory of a lost love and a time when they were happy with that special someone and for some a certain place such as a restaurant, park bench, or street can bring back feelings. But for me none of that tends to bring back too many memories for me but, I LOVE MOVIES and therefore have been on numerous dates to the movies.

This may sound crazy but now when I watch certain movies that I once enjoyed watching with a boyfriend I can remember how I felt when I first saw it with him. I can remember if I was feeling nervous or anxious or just so into seeing this particular movie that nervousness and anxiousness were the farthest things from my mind.

I remember the very first movie I saw on a date. It was with my first boyfriend and first love. The movie was Daredevil with Ben Affleck. My first boyfriend actually kissed me during the movie and I use to could remember exactly which part when he kissed me, but my memory is hazy now. I don't watch that movie now (I think its stupid) but if I did I'm sure I would be able to go back in my memory to that 17-year-old girl sitting in that dark theater who was a bundle of nerves and received a kiss from a boy who would turn out to mean more to her than she ever expected.

I've seen so many movies and watched so many DVDs with boyfriends that if I began to list them it would just go on and on, but I do have two more that I would like to talk about.

My very last boyfriend the first movie we saw together was Pineapple Express. A marijuana comedy that made me laugh a lot now invokes a different emotion in me. When I do watch that movie again probably the feeling I will have is one of conquest because I got over him when I thought I wouldn't. I thought he was "the one" but he turned out not to be. No hard feelings though we are cool to this day.

I have a friend that is near and dear to me and we have a favorite movie and we like to say its "our" movie. That movie is The Departed. I love that movie and only good memories and good feelings are resurrected whenever I watch it. I'll just leave it at that.

Sometimes I tend to think that I love movies so much that I think I will get that rosy, fairytale happy ending that comes at the end of most movies. Where the good looking man comes and sweeps the gorgeous woman off her feet and they get married and its happily ever after. 

Then reality sets in and I know that life isn't like that. That movie is only 2 or 3 hours long and scenes are written, but life is 24 hours and can last almost 100 years and there is nothing written to direct the path you go down or who you will bump into.

Love in real life is a continual scene where you are the director so you are the only one that can yell, CUT THAT'S A WRAP.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

4 comments:

  1. The last movie I seen was, Avatar, I was on a date. The movie was great but the date meant so much. Before the date, a lot had transpired from that time which set the tone of the date. I am not exactly a true movie lover LOL! It who I see it with makes the movie memorable for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love in real life is a continual scene where you are the director so you are the only one that can yell, CUT THAT'S A WRAP.

    ^^^^^
    Love that line ! I too loooovvveee movies ! I feel like my life is a movie, and often refer to different movies to define me and the guys I've dated (i.e. Baby Boy, Love and Basketball, etc.) I also recite movie lines out of the blue ! Lol Great post !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooooooove movies as well! My tv is usually on a movie channel, I hate commercials. Whenever I watch Baby Boy I think of my ex from high school, he used to sing that Bootsy Collins song that played in the movie all of the time. It's a fond memory, which is why when it comes on BET I usually watch a few minutes of it...if not the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like th movie departed too! Its funny how vivid some memories can be

    ReplyDelete