Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Date of 2010....Something New




Last night I went on my first date of 2010. It was good and I had fun, but I must admit I was nervous. When he first asked me out last Monday I was nervous not just because I would be going out with someone new but also because he is of a different race than me.

We were holding hands and my own paranoia for a short while took over because I have never dated outside my race before. I felt like people were staring at us and it eventually dawned on me that no one was looking at us or let alone cared that me and him were together.

After a while I stopped looking at race and just saw a man. We laughed together and enjoyed each others company.

Race has never been an issue for me, but usually men outside of my race don't approach me probably for the same reason I don't approach them, we're both thinking we won't be into each other or we don't date outside our race.

I love men and race doesn't matter as long as they treat me the way I should be treated and are kind and possess the same values I have.
I will not be alone or let the man God has chosen to be my husband pass me by because I'm looking at the color of their skin instead of what's in their heart. Now that's not for everyone, but it works for me.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

2 comments:

  1. Aww. keep us readers posted on this experience !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm, does he have any cute friends or relatives? Seriously! LOL! I would date outside of my race, and yes, it would feel awkward at first, however I won't be close-minded. I'm glad you had a great time, I hope it works out :=)

    ReplyDelete