Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First Things First


Before a person can begin a romantic relationship with another person they must first LOVE THEMSELVES. That is the very first thing a person must do. You must love yourself, be honest with yourself and embrace your flaws. Have self-esteem and know your worth and know that you don't have to settle for just anything that comes along.

Now days its so acceptable to go and change the way you were born with plastic surgery and what not, but embrace yourself the way you are. I personally don't like plastic surgery because I feel people should stay the way God made them. Now I'm not here to put down plastic surgery or the people that get it. I'm just simply saying love yourself and don't conform to societies standard of beauty. 

Everyone isn't going to look like a video vixen or supermodel or some A-List celebrity. Everyone can't have lips like Angelina or eyes like Halle or a body like Beyoncé so stop trying to be those people. Embrace what you have and the features that make you unique.
True love is all about honesty and embracing as well as overlooking the flaws of another person because no one is perfect. I hope whoever reads this understands what I was trying to say and hopefully it helps them on their journey to love.

I have an exercise I would like for the reader of this blog to do. Look in a mirror and name 10 things you LOVE about yourself. They can be anything like: physical feature, personality trait, or something you do well. I want anyone who reads this to love themselves, be honest with themselves and embrace their flaws.

Thanks for reading!
(John 3:16)

1 comment: